Looking for Alaska
Looking for Alaska, By John Green
First of all, probably one of the best books I've read. I had heard good things about it so I went into reading it with high expectations and it did not disappoint. As the book went on, I felt like the really knew all of the characters, not just the main character, but the whole group. Alaska to me was the most engaging, because I felt like I could relate to how she sees things. The book really opened my eyes to the how precious our time living is, and how we need to make the most of what we have. Since growing an attachment to the characters, I felt a sense of regret when they did, sorrow when they did and then understanding when they did. And I think that's what made it such a great book, it was a book that I felt different after reading. Some of my favorite quotes were these:
- “Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.”
- “Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”
- “They love their hair because they're not smart enough to love something more interesting.”
Looking for Alaska is defiantly one of my best reads [so far] and I know that I will read it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment