I started reading the Fault in our Stars today, and also finished it today. I laughed, and cried and came back for more as the cover of the book said I would. In my head I have so many feelings towards the book but when trying to write anything I feel as if I'm not doing the book justice. I always go into reading books wanting to feel changed when finished, and changed I was after reading The Fault in our Stars. Not to give anything away if you have not yet read it but later choose to, the main character, Hazel, has cancer and is aware that she is not going to live for long. It's no longer an "if I die" situation, but a "when I die" situation. And she brought me into her situation. She made me aware that everyone on this Earth is capable of existing, but not everyone is living.
And then there is Augustus Waters. Oh boy, how I would love to have my own Augustus Waters. So charming and lovely. The love that him and Hazel share is something that you don't find with people their age now. They both share having a cancer, yes, but that's not their only connection. They see the world differently, yet they both want to take it on together. Their love is innocent, yet serious at the same time. They gave each other an element of hope and made each other feel alive when they were in fact dying. And I think that they gave each other an infinity, that when they weren't together, they were still okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment